Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas is coming!


Ashlyn read this entire book to the girls before heading off to school one morning. These girls love learning and teaching each other. 


This is Ashlyn at her art class that she goes to on Mondays after school. She absolutely loves it. In fact, most mornings she wakes up at 6:15am and comes in and asks if she can go do "art". She'll take a tablet or phone and watch videos about how to draw things.


Her art teacher had a couple things drawn by Ashlyn up on a special board. This is one that Ashlyn drew. It shows her teacher showing the class a picture of a bird. There are two tables with kids sitting at each corner of the table.



We watched "The Snowman" on youtube during one of my lunch breaks. I thought it was so funny that all the girls preferred to stand and watch the video rather than sit on the comfy couches.


We had our office Christmas dinner at Cheddar's this week. We had a great time.


The girls were given stuffed animals and lip gloss packages. They were so thrilled. That night, Claire slept with her lip gloss and stuffed animal.


We went with the Young Men and Young Women to sing Christmas carols to a rest home. When we walked inside, I saw one of my sweet patients and went up and said hi to her. She loved having us there to sing songs. It was fun for the whole famdamily.


We've gone around to look at Christmas lights a few times. We saw this house last year, it definitely takes the cake compared to the houses we've seen.




I'm embarking on a new business venture. I've had a dental coach/consultant (Justin) for over a year now. He's been awesome. I've grown a lot, learned a lot, and done more in my first year as a dentist than I could have imagined. He's offered to partner with me and have me come on as a coach. We've been talking for a while. Jenny and I took a trip out to St. Louis where he lives, this last weekend. It was great to have some time just us.


Justin booked us a room at the Ritz Carlton. He and his wife stayed there as well. We were able to get a lot of planning done while the wives got some relaxation in. 



Dinner together




Jenny and my Justin's wife got massages at the hotel spa. Jenny had been looking forward to it. She especially loves massages when she's pregnant and after pregnancy.


We were impressed that there was a Book of Mormon along with a Bible.


This was supposed to be a classy look but I failed at that. 18th floor club suite. Food, newspaper, sweet views, Christmas music. It was great.


The next night we stayed at a cheap hotel in Houston. What a difference. The curtains didn't even close so I had to get creative I got a hanger out of the closet, one that has clips on it, and clipped the curtains together to give us some extra sleep in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment