Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 2019

The trundle bed lasted us a good 5+ years and it finally had enough.  We bought the girls a bunk bed and they are so excited about it.  We had to work out a system where each girl will have the top bunk for a week and then we switch.


Daddy is teaching Ashlyn some science lessons as they have been doing some science experiments from her science kit she got for Christmas.


The day after we got home it was 71 degrees outside and we had to enjoy the weather by going for a family walk.  As we were walking Derek said that he likes the Texas winter and I had to laugh because I said I think I can do Utah winters--- ha ha. (We usually are the opposite).


Within a few days of being home this little guy is crawling EVERYWHERE!  It has been fun to see him explore and have all his energy get used.  Sometimes this guys seems like he has unlimited supply of energy.


Claire had 4 flare ups in Utah with hives and so we took her to the doctor.  While we wait, these girls like to play dr. and Emmett is enjoying the toys.


Going back to school after the long break was very difficult for Brinley.  She was crying Sunday night and Monday morning before school.  She said that she would miss our family time (that comment melted my heart).  I told her that we would have lunch with her that day, but when we were departing it was an emotional one.  I know that it is hard after a long break to get back into the swing of things.


Dog Pile

Mommy school
Counting with jelly beans



J is for Jellyfish


Game time: I am trying to be more intentional with my time during the day.  I love playing games with the girls.


We have been enjoying the Curious George book that Nana and Grandpa gave the girls.  We read the one about how Curious George goes to the movie.  The girls wanted to pretend that we went to the theater and have popcorn. 


About a month ago Ashlyn was getting discouraged that she wasn't as good as the kids in her gymnastics class and she wanted to stop the class.  I was telling her how much that I have seen her grow in strength and getting better with her technique.  I told her that she had to finish out until May and then we can evaluate what she wants to do.  
On Tuesday after her class, her teacher came up to me and said how awesome she is in class and how much she has improved.  He was really impressed with her!  I was so happy that Ashlyn heard everything that he told me!  She really is working hard and it was a cherry on top to hear it from her coach!


Emmett is so loved by his sisters


Mommy School: letter recognition



My friend Angela invited us girls to her house to do some art.  She introduced me to the website where you pay $5/month and get unlimited art class (over 1,000).  She inspired me to learn how to watercolor.  So I changed my goal for the year of 2019: watercoloring.  It was so fun!  The next day I went out and bought a set and supplies!!!!  I am beyond excited!!!!



1st lesson


2nd lesson


Over the weekend we did a family campout!  We roasted hotdogs, s'mores, cinnamon buns, and delicious fruit!  It was a perfect day were it wasn't too cold or hot- it was just right!
It was a magical night where everyone is having fun and enjoying each other. 
As we were all staring at the fire I was amazed how everyone can be so mesmerized by it and how it can create connection and memories. 







After the girls had a campout in the living room (because it was going to rain that evening).  We told stories in the tent about a bear and blueberry farm.



Derek and I had to make a hard decision Saturday morning.  We bought tickets to go see the new Mary Poppins Movie.  We told the girls that all their chores had to be done before we could go.  Well after 4 hours of doing chores 2 kids didn't finish.  Derek and I debated if we should just go because we already bought the tickets and have them finish after or if we should have one of us stay home and have them miss it.  
Ashlyn, Claire, and I went to the movie and had a fun girls' time!


I have been decluttering the house and the toy room was on the list.  I gave each girl some fake money and they got to choose which toys to buy that would will keep.  They had a blast "buying" toys that meant value to them.  It was so much fun and I got rid of three garage bags of stuff. 
Ashlyn was hilarious because she wouldn't spend her "money".  I kept reminding her that this isn't really money and she needs to buy some toys... ha ha.  She is our little saver!


Ashlyn had her Great to be 8 and she is fired up for what is going to happen next week!!!
The primary presidency gave her a Faith in God pamphlet and she has been so pumped to get started with working on getting her award!  


I just love this dude!


His recent entertainment is crawling under the table


We went to MOPS this week and the girls were so excited to share their work.


Recently Emmett has learned how to sit up and doesn't know how to lay back down.  I had to come up a couple of times during the past few nights to lay him back down.  Poor little guy!


Ashlyn glued stars on the bunk bed beams


Daddy gave a special FHE to prepare Ashlyn for baptism.  They practiced being baptized and each girl had to have a turn.


Mommy School: Cereal to review letters



Claire is such a fabulous towel folder!  She did all of these by herself even with Emmett trying to destroy the hard work she put forth.


Desi said, "Take 2 pictures of me"


I love watching this relationship grow.  Emmett is so blessed to have an amazing role model!  Daddy and Emmett sure love each other, but shhh..... I am still Emmett's favorite.  Every time I walk into a room he starts flapping his arms with a big smile on his face.  
I have to rub it in sometimes with Derek because he is love and admired by four adorable girls and I have been jealous-  now the roles have reversed- finally jk.



Mommy School: Letter K is for Kite


Trying to fly the kites


I am scared... this kid is going to be walking in no time.  I loves to be standing and man- his legs are so strong.  I am going to have a busy little boy running around soon enough.






Look at Emmett's rolls.  If you look close you can see his sock lines.


Sunday activity was watching Derek's family home videos.  I teared up watching them.  I can believe how fast everyone has grown up.  I was explaining to Derek that it is weird that I have watched his siblings grow up and each is so special.  Then I started thinking about our own kids and how time is just going to fly by.



Desi is working hard doing her dishwasher job- the silverware.  She organized it so nicely!


Claire was eating dinner and was swinging the spaghetti and missed her mouth.  It was cute hearing her giggle and laugh about it.


Derek and I are trying to be more consistent with our dates with the girls.  Brinley and I got a date today by going to the zoo park playing tag on the playground, swinging in the swings, and playing on the bars.  It is so fun to be one on one with my total focus on her and just laughing and having fun.  She is such a fun girl!



Derek did a date with Claire and they went to Orange Leaf and then to the park.  They had a great time together.  Claire was so happy when she came home!  



No comments:

Post a Comment