Friday, October 2, 2020

My babies are growing up

This crib has been the bed of all 5 of the kids!  We are so grateful for Ruth Ann's neighbor for giving it to us when Ashlyn was born.  It was well loved.
No more babies!  I am actually really excited about this new stage in life!



Big Boy Bed!  He has been so good and has slept through the night! YAY!



Ashlyn has been preparing our FHE lessons lately and this one turned out to be so much fun!  She taught us about Samuel the Lamanite and then we through paper rocks at the person that was standing on the "wall".


Granny was so sweet and she wrote individual notes to each of the kids after our time that we spent together in San Antonio.  The kids were so excited and felt so special.  Thanks Granny!


After our trip, our car needed a little TLC.  So glad that I have these amazing helpers.


One day after running some errands, I pulled up to our house and found these cuties outside playing.  It is so cute!


A new activity that our family is getting into is tennis.  We spent Friday and Saturday morning playing tennis.  Brinley also climbed the fence with her incredible skills. 




Happy 11th Anniversary to us!  We were able to go on an overnighter to celebrate, which doesn't happen often enough.  We went to a fun Steakhouse, played tennis in the cooler weather, and went to lunch/walk the next day.  I am beyond grateful for Derek. 
My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, but I have had many, many more since then.  My happiest moments are always with Derek or because of Derek.  There is no one else I would rather laugh with, cry, and adventure life with!
The girls were looking through our storage room and found our photo pictures about a week ago.  They would say, "You both look so different." My thoughts immediately went to my waistline and a few grey streaks.  Then they said, "you look like a prince and princess."  Little do they know, but I am still a princess disguised as their mother.  ha ha




We found our couple hobby.  We had some great battles (my mind is blank on the right word).  It was so much FUN!!!


Derek took the kids hiking because it is starting to cool down!  YAY for cooler weather!  We are welcoming fall with open arms.








I really want to learn how to french braid.  It is one of those skills that I have wanted for a long time, but haven't put any time or energy into learning. ha ha
So I made an attempt and it was a success (not perfect).



Homeschooling has been so real treat for me.  We get to spend so much time together and I enjoy being part of their education.  We put all the kids in a homeschooling group on Tuesdays where they get to be with others and learn and do fun activities.  That means I get a day to do whatever the heck I want!!!
Today was their first day and everyone had a great day!

Last night was meet the teacher and we were going around the table at dinner sharing our feeling about school for the next day.  All the girls were excited and nervous.  Then Emmett shares, "I'm gherrd..."
Today he definitely had a harder time going with tears, but when I picked him up, he was full of smiles.




I felt so productive while everyone was gone and then Derek and I did a little lunch date, where we got salads from Chick-fil-a and spent an hour walking around the zoo walking path.  During our walk, it was pouring rain.  It was so much fun to walk and chat.




 Desi is learning to ride her bike



No comments:

Post a Comment