Thursday, December 3, 2020

Wonderful Visitor: Grandma Martinson

Wonderful Visitor: Grandma Martinson

It was so much fun to meet up with Grandma and go camping with her!  We went to a campground on Rayburn Lake and it was so much!  The camp spot has a beautiful view and wherever my mom is she makes it so much more fun.  

This was one of my favorite moments on the trip.  We went to the pillow to jump and my mom just took off her shoes and started playing games with the kids.  I as a little hesitant because I wanted to spend some time talking with her, but everyone was having so much fun.  I then joined everyone in the fun, giggles, and good time.  I am grateful for a mom who loves my kids with all her heart.  She is so present with them.  She is a wonderful grandma!



Dog pile on Grandma


Bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish...



They have a small grill restaurant at the campground and we had to check it out.  Claire had a few hard moments at the restaurant and our waitress was so kind to her and brought her extra fries. 


Seriously, my mom is amazing!  This trip with her has made me reflect on what type of grandparent I want to be when I get to that season of life and I hope that I can be as great as my mom!  She is always thinking of all these new, fun activities and crafts to do with the kids.  She bought little bugs from the dollar store and placed them everywhere throughout our campsite and in the trailer.  During the trip, the kids could go find the bugs and then with each bug they get, they get a little Halloween candy.  Then after the kids get their candy, they have to rehide the bug for someone else to find it.  It was a HUGE hit!!!  



It was fun to see my mom savor every moment with the kids.  She loves them so much!





The kids trying to find the bugs around the campsite.



Homeschooling in the morning.  Because the weather is cooler in the mornings, we try to fit our homeschooling during that time.  The kids were so excited to do homeschooling with Grandma too.


Silly faces


This is a picture where I am reminded on my flaky personality and how my mom was always there to save me.  Before this trip I kept reminding her to bring some sweatshirts and warmer clothes because it was cooler in the mornings, but it would be in the mid 70's in the afternoon.  Well I forgot to bring my sweatshirt and when I am cold, I am not a happy camper.  My mom saved my sanity (and probably everyone else's because when Mom is not happy, Nobody is happy). Thank you Mom for always taking care of me!


Shell hunting: Butterfly



For history, we have been studying Ancient Egypt.  We learned about how the slaves had to step repeatedly in the mud to make bricks for the pyramids.  
Here are my slaves!  Aren't the adorable?!



I love how Derek is so adventurous and fun.  He took off his clothes and the kids started to cover him up with mud... it just cracks me up because he looked naked ha ha.
(The weather was not that warm and the mud wasn't warm at all- I thought he was crazy!)


Then it turned into a fun zombie fest. 






We played a few games outdoors.


A great grandma craft!  She got each of the kids a wooden box and they got to paint it.  This wooden box was to be filled with the treasures they found during the trip.  This was a big highlight to the kids and the boxes were a great treasure.  The kids loved those boxes so much, there were tears when we couldn't find it.   I love and admire her creativity!




Campfire and S'more Time



   My mom is a trooper.  She had the courage to sleep with all these kids.


Derek is out in the canoe with some of the kids.  He was great at exploring a new little island.


We finally bought Emmett a superhero costume and look who wants to wear it more.
WE GOT A NEW HERO IN TOWN!


Memories of playing card games is passing from generation to generation.  I loved playing card games with my grandma and I enjoy seeing the kids love to play with their grandma.
Garbage (the name of the game) was a played so much!




Yummy steak dinner out in the tent in our back porch.


My mom created a package at the beginning of the month with these Halloween shirts and they were pumped to wear it to the zoo with Grandma.
It was fun to go to the zoo with her!
We have never been during the Halloween season and it was fun to see how they decorated with blow up characters throughout the zoo.  The kids loved it!






We have never been face to face with the Komodo dragon.








I also love this picture!





Another creative craft from Grandma





I am beyond grateful for my mom.  She has taught me so much on how to be a great mom and now I am learning from her example of what kind of grandma I want to be.  We are truly blessed to have her in our lives.  She is so thoughtful, kind, generous, funny, easy-going, and will do anything for you.  WE LOVE YOU MOM/GRANDMA!!!!



Emmett is full of kisses and hugs.  
I love this picture!





It has been so fun to see Emmett love school and his teacher.  It has been a great experience to witness him be more and more brave each day he goes to school.  He is now to the point where he can't wait to go and runs over to his teacher and gives her a huge hug. 


Pumpkin craft


Mummies for dinner


It is really neat to see how much the girls are improving with their tennis skills.  It is fun to see them learn from Derek and he is not an easy coach.  Derek is a great teacher that makes them work hard, but still have a lot of fun.  We look forward to our Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning tennis.
Even Emmett begs to go play...I think we found our new family hobby.



Hiking is so fun this time of year!



We did some salt and glue craft and then painted them.
Someone is really proud of their work...



I love seeing the kids outside playing with neighbors, but this weather is cold (Texas cold ha ha).  Derek was sweet and made the fire so it would be more comfortable.  I am lucky to have a thoughtful guy!


This was so hilarious!  I was getting ready and found Emmett at the desk and he said, "Mom, I'm working."  It is fun to see things from the kids perspective.







Derek and I love TUESDAYS!  It is almost as great as Friday Date Night.  On Tuesday the kids go to a homeschooling group and so I get to get stuff done, but most of the time I like to read and study things (usually self-help) and we always have a lunch date.  It is fun to eat together and then we usually go a walk during Derek's lunch break.


We love the Halloween season!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment