Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Hot AIr Balloon, Alabama with the Van De Graaffs

We went camping this summer at a Texas State Park called Daingerfield and it was so beautiful!  There were trails that we would hike and venture.  We had a blast jumping off this dock into the water and man was the water so warm!  It was so perfect for me, too hot for Derek ha ha.
We had a great time and will definitely go back again.  This place is gorgeous!

Derek and the kids went on the trail with their bikes and Derek with the one wheel. They had a great time! This picture is while they were on the bike ride.













We all had a blast jumping off of this dock!



Brinley really is getting down the one wheel.







They love reading Calvin and Hobbes comics!



Puzzles and Games





We haven't hung out with these friends of ours in awhile.  We meet at the zoo and went on the train.


This is a project that I have been wanting to do for awhile now.  We bought this from one of Derek's classmates in dental school for real cheap.  It was yellow and I have been wanting a more farmhouse look.  This is how it turned out.


To spruce up the living room, I have been debating what to do with the fireplace for years!  I had these interior design ladies come to my house (which was free yay!) and they advised a huge mirror.  So I bought a huge mirror and a few other decor items.



Fake earrings


The kids had a summer bash at a Christian Church that we were trying out.  Most of our kids' friends go there and it is where they go to school once a week.  They do really fun activities during the summer every Wednesday and this was wrapping up the end of summer.  The kids had a great time!



This grey hair thing is just not fun.  I feel like my grey pops out a few weeks after I color my hair.  I went back to dark with a few highlights. 


I love all the pictures, books, notes, etc that the kids make!
Claire did a great job!


Beautiful hiking


These two can be the best of friends, but they for sure know how to push each others buttons!  


New Haircuts before our trip to Utah!


We had a trip with the Van de Graaffs (our close friends from dental school).  They live in S. Carolina and so we like to meet in the middle every few years to have the kids play and we can catch up. It was great to be together again!  Before they got there we like to explore the place that we are staying and hike some trails.







They were making a lot of imovies (which has become a fun hobby for the kids).


















One the way home we didn't have a knife to make sandwiches and sometimes you have to improvise.



Super Emmett


They made tye dye shirts at school and they did a color fight which colored their hair and shirts.


Cute Ash!

They had a hot air balloon festival in Lufkin.  We got to see hot air balloons, live music, eat vendor food, and enjoy time together.  It was a fun evening.  

Emmett was so excited to get his picture with Whataburger Man (a fast food burger spot in Texas).






We surprised the kids with a late night pool party after the balloon festival.  It was fun to swim under the stars!


Man- she looks so grown up!


I have been wanting to remodel the house since we moved in, but I knew that our financial goals were a priority.  So one day Derek said that I could remodel and I jumped on it because I didn't want him to change is mind. ha ha.
The first room
Master bathroom











 

No comments:

Post a Comment