Sunday, February 22, 2015

February Fun!

We have had a fun couple of weeks.  I can't believe how much my girls are getting so big, so fast.  I just love my girls so much!  I may be a little bias, but I have the cutest girls!  They are my life.  Life has been crazy with three girls, but it is worth every minute!

We went to the Children's museum where Ashlyn and I built this arch.  She did an awesome job looking for the numbers and using her strong muscles to built it!  She was so proud!



She also created her own masterpiece.



This week Brinley started sleeping in her big girl bed!  We knew the first night would be hard, but it was actually hard for Ashlyn, not Brinley!  Haha.  Ashlyn bawled and bawled. It was pretty funny!  We are accepting the fact that now she gets up with Ashlyn at 6 am. We used the baby monitor to watch her during naptime today and realized that she plays and reads books the whole time.  Poor Brinley, poor me.  Now I know why I looked forward to bedtime each night.  She is not getting enough sleep!



As I was typing the caption for the picture above, I typed "This girl is into everything." While typing it I decided that I could check on her and here she was in the sink playing with the water "doing dishes".  She is my one kid that I must keep an eye on or else. haha.  There are times that she is just so darn cute and silly that I can't get mad at her. 



Claire is such a sweetheart!  We love her!  She is so patient to put up with our little bunch. 



She discovered her hands recently and loves making funny sucking noises.



We had a tea party this weekend.  It was inspired by my mom going to her own tea party with Katie's family






 We started a new tradition in our family where we sing Scripture Power before we read as a family.  I love how much our girls love the scriptures.  I am so impressed with Ashlyn.  We are studying the Articles of Faith for family night and she taught about the First Vision in great detail.  It was a proud moment as a parent!


I had such a great Valentine's Day!  I woke up to a sweet little girl giving me this sweet card.  I am so amazed at how well she could write and draw a flower.  She is our little artist. 



For Valentine's we invited 4 couples to our house for a fun Valentine's Date Night!  We absolutely had a blast!!! We had delicious heart shaped pizzas and played some fun Valentine's Games.  The games were a lot of minute to win it games: Wives vs. Husbands.  

The picture below is one of the games where one spouse had to put on lipstick and kiss there spouse as many times as they could in 15 sec.  Then you switched roles.  Derek beat me by one kiss.  It was so much fun!


 KISS ME!!


 Our new fav is Indian Food (thanks to Scott for branching me out)! We went to this little restuarant and loved it!!!



I am trying to decide what to do for preschool for Ashlyn next year.  There is a preschool program at the zoo that we were checking out then we had to go around to the different exhibits. 






With my sewing machine that I got for Christmas, I did my first project.  The aprons turned out to be so adorable and the models help out a lot!



My mom made this darling name for Claire.  She is so talented! 



 Our fort



We enjoy going to Home Depot to do the free projects.





We enjoy our neighbors the Van De Graaffs.  We have been doing a lot of things together lately.  We enjoy going to Home Depot, Children's Museum, and Chick-Fil-A.  When we were together (I can't remember where) this lady came up to Mindy and I and asked if we ran a daycare.  Haha. I did realize that we are totally outnumbered. 2 adults and 7 kids. 





This little girl is loving her haircut! 


No comments:

Post a Comment