Monday, September 14, 2015

Derek's pictures/update

Ashlyn has been working hard in Mommy school. She is very dedicated when it comes to reading and writing. She can always be found with a notebook and writing different words/names. She filled the letter B and instead of choosing to go with Mom or Dad to go get a treat, she wanted to take the whole family. So we went and got Icee's! Thanks for working so hard Ash!


Did you know babies like to head bang?




Sometimes when we have a hard time finding Brinley...


I tried to get into the girls room one night and had a hard time. I soon found out why...


Church is so hard for Claire. Right during nap time. By the time we go home she is zonked!


Ashlyn and I went for a bike ride. She stopped and said, "Dad I just ran over a black butterfly!" I was doubtful but she went back and picked it up.

Ashlyn did her best to nurse it back to care but I'm pretty sure it only got much worse. I eventually told her that it was hurting and was going to die. I told her she needed to kill it. She had no problem. I was pretty surprised.


We went on a fun nature walk at Fontanelle Forest! We saw so many different things! Fungi growing on a log.


A momma and baby deer.





Ashlyn found a centipede!


Look at those legs! We had a fun time letting it crawl on our hands/legs.

 

My four cute girls!


We saw a group of wild turkeys!



Claire had fun too!


Ashlyn becomes more independent by the day. Sometimes it's hard as a parent to stand back and let your kids make messes. All part of learning and growing. Sometimes I think it's easier for me because I'm still in school and constantly learning and getting critical feedback.

Here is Ashlyn, having made toast all by herself. This is actually not a super easy task. She had to get out the toaster, bread, butter, toast it, and spread the butter. I'm proud of her and enjoy seeing her grow.


Ashlyn wanted to make a peanut butter sandwich and I told her okay. Pretty soon she has four pieces of bread out. I asked her why she needed four pieces. She said, "Because I'm making one for you and Brinley and Penny too!" She did a great job and we ate them outside.


On our way to find out if we are having a sister or brother!


Jenny had a dream the night before that it was a girl and she was just crying because she wanted a boy.

I hadn't thought too much about it. I've kind of just accepted defeat that I may very well be a father of only girls. Then today I really started to think, maybe this one is a boy! Maybe we'll have a boy!

We got in there and the first shot I saw, I was pretty sure it was another girl. Sure enough, it is.  The technician said,

"What are the odds?!"

"One in sixteen..." I replied.

Nevertheless we are excited to welcome a new baby into our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment