Sunday, April 12, 2015

This week

On Sunday, Ashlyn was busy in the kitchen arranging a birthday party for Mom. I think this was her fourth one. We have had one every few days since her actual birthday.







Mom went to Kansas City with four other girls this weekend. She left on Friday afternoon at 2 and returned late Saturday night. So we had some quality Daddy-daughter time. And let me tell you, Daddy was worn out by the time Mommy got back.




We started out by finally using a Play-Do gift from Grandma Martinson. I taught Ashlyn how to drill 'n fill. She did great!





The next morning at breakfast I heard Ashlyn say a word I hadn't heard her say before. So I asked her about it.


It wouldn't be a proper daddy-daughter weekend without a tiring trip to the Gardens. Enjoyable as always.


Mommy brought home a surprise gift from IKEA at Kansas city- a brand new glass tea set! Ashlyn was so excited to use it! They accommodated me by doing it in the living room so I didn't have to take my eyes off of the Masters for very long.


I commented on Facebook (which I hardly do any more) about how I don't really follow sports much but I enjoy following golf more than anything else. And the Master's is the most sacred event to me. It always captivates me. It was so enjoyable to follow and watch today. Jordan Spieth (pictured below) is the second youngest person to ever win the Masters (just a few months older than Tiger). I cried as I saw him walk up to the green on the 18th hole. What an amazing experience, with his family and friends watching. Not only did he win, but he broke several records at the Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment