Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter!

I just love this movie. I could watch it over and over again but Jenny won't have it.

On a more serious note, Jenny really made this a Holy Week for us. She had little activities each day that helped us learn about the last week of Jesus' life.



But before that, let us recognize Grandma Martinson coming to visit us! The girls were so excited and just couldn't wait for her to come! Very first thing when she got here, she wanted to go to California Tacos.


Ashlyn always has fun with her silly faces, so I thought I'd catch her on video making her different faces.

Jenny's Mom has been here enough times that we don't feel the need to drag her all over the place and see all the stuff we like to do so we did a lot of hanging out. It was pretty cold for the first few days when she got here and was warm for the last couple days. The girls loved having her be a part of the nightly routine.

We had a great time with grandma at the zoo too!


Ashlyn had this great idea to throw me a birthday party while grandma was here.  (I think she has thrown about 10 birthday parties for me since my birthday and Brinley continues to tell me Happy Birthday!) So they went to the dollor store and got balloons, party hats, plates, made cupcakes, and we had a party.  Ashlyn is such a sweetheart!

While Grandma was here, she spoiled the girls!  Ashlyn loves to milk it when she is here. Ha Ha.  Grandma took us shopping and the girls got some new spring outfits, dresses, and shoes.  I looked at Ashlyn and said, "Ash, grandma is spoiling you."  Ashlyn got the biggest smile on her face along with the look of "I know" as she was showing me the new Frozen shoes she was getting.  I think one of her major love languages is gifts (which grandma is great at)! Thanks Grandma!!

After we dropped Grandma off at the airport, we went to a boardwalk that is by the airport to wave goodbye to her in the airplane.  



The primary had an activity for Easter. Two of the members of the presidency were sick and Jenny did great to pick up the slack and help all the kids have a good time. This woman came from a homeless shelter organization and helped teach the kids about what it is like to be homeless.


The kids packed candy and a saying about Jesus in eggs for kids at the shelter. They all really enjoyed it.


I had the day off for Good Friday. Wow! It sure was good! I could live with 3 day weekends the rest of my life!

I took the girls to the Children's Museum in the morning while Jenny went grocery shopping. I think everyone else in Omaha had the day off too. I only stayed for an hour because I kept losing the girls and was getting too stressed. It made me rethink how much fun Disneyland would actually be...

After naps we went to Scheels so that we could ride the Ferris Wheel! Ashlyn loved it!

Waiting in line:



 Spirit World Saturday: Jesus was in the spirit world after his death so we got donuts, went to the temple, put down the seats in our van and had ourselves a breakfast picnic! It was so fun! (The connection to the spirit world being that we do temple work for the dead.)





Usually when we do things its just Ashlyn and Brinley, and Claire is held by someone or lays down. It was kind of a neat experience for me to push all of them at the same time together. I sure love my girls!

Our Family Holy Week

Palm Sunday

Mad Monday
Jesus cleans the temples



 Our Holy Week Wall


Sadly we didn't take picture everyday, but here is what we did.  

On Tuesday Grandma gave an awesome lesson about the parable of the talents (Ashlyn really liked it because she learned about sharing the chocolates and getting more because she shared).

Spy Wednesday we learned about Jesus was denied by 30 coins.

Passover Thursday we went to the church with 7 other families and had a Passover dinner.  We ate delicious lamb, salads, fruits, veggies and of course drank lots of wine (grape juice).  It was so much fun to learn about the tradition of it!

Good Friday we watched a Jesus Movie to learn about the sacrifice that Jesus died for us that day. Ashlyn found that perfect stick that looks like the cross that Christ died on.

Spirit World Saturday (pictures above)

Then we have Easter.
How grateful we are to have this great gift of family.  We are grateful for our Savior so that we can be sealed as a family forever.

Happy Easter!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment