Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fight of the century!

Ashlyn had her dance recital this week! We are so proud of her. She has really enjoyed taking dance the last two years and dances all the time at home! Mom even helped her put on some make up!


Here is the video of the performance:


Not a great picture I know. Ashlyn is on the left.



Ashlyn receiving her certificate.


Brinley ran up and got in line as they were handing out the certificates. I had to run grab her and she was so sad. I told her we would get a picture with her on the stage with Ashie and here it is. With the lovely face again. I think I need to come up with a name for it. 


So now when I get pictures I have to be fast with the camera and hope it will take her a few seconds to remember that face. 


Mom bought a bubble machine for the girls and it is so much fun!



Ashlyn and Jane (neighbor girl) lassoed the turtle! 


I got this picture right as Brinley let go and Jane went to the ground! Haha!


Thanks to my Dad, Jenny and I are both fans of Indian food now. Jenny decided to make some for our family dinner! She found a quick mix at the store for Chicken Tiki Masala and also made some Nan bread from scratch! It was great!


This is actually the movie that got my Dad to try Indian food. Jenny and I loved this movie and recommend it to everyone. It is still found at some redbox locations now.


The "fight of the century" was yesterday. But the fight of the week around here was on Thursday. A few of us have been talking about boxing for a while. We finally decided that Thursday night (after our last final) we would make it a reality. I boxed Steve (my next door neighbor/best friend). He's got a few inches on my as far as reach goes. It turned out to be a lot of fun. There were a few others that boxed but they only lasted one round. Steve and I boxed four rounds. There were no KO's so it was decided by a vote that Steve won. We both took some good hits. I have been extremely sore the last few days since then: my right thumb and index finger, neck, back, abs, etc. We charged everyone that watched $5. 70% of proceeds went to winners and 30% to losers. They gave me a little more because we lasted so many rounds. It definitely gave me more respect for the sport of boxing. There is definitely strategy and art to the sport.


Pre-fight weigh in at clinic. I didn't manage an intimidating face very well. Man, I need a haircut. 

Saturday we went to the zoo and saw a new film about Humpback Whales. It was pretty cool. We had a good time. As you can see, they didn't offer kids glasses this time. Brinley was either too scared, to hungry, or too restless to watch much of the movie. We still had a great time. That is the thing that is so nice about the Omaha zoo. We have a year pass so we can go for just a couple hours then leave. And it only takes 2 minutes to get there!


Ashlyn caught in action jumping off a lion's back. 


Believe it or not, this was actually the best picture out of about 10 that Jenny took of us.


Before we went to the zoo, Mom went shopping with a friend for a couple hours. Brinley and Claire were asleep so Ashlyn and I played around outside. We got a hold of neighbor Hailey's bicycle and Ashlyn wanted to try and ride it. She did amazing! Now we need to get her one!


Brinley is such a sweet sister! Ashlyn and Brinley both are. Jenny always tells me about how much Claire laughs when Ashlyn plays with her. She's still scared of Brinley (just like Brinley was scared of Ashlyn).


While I was writing this post, I heard Claire crying and went up to get her. Brinley started calling for me so I went it to see what was wrong. Here I found Ashlyn asleep in the chair, while Brinley couldn't fall asleep. Of course I ran back downstairs to get my phone for a picture before Ashlyn woke up. 


I realized I didn't have a good picture of Claire so I snapped one real quick. 

I love my cute girls! I am the luckiest guy in the world. Sometimes I think we are so crazy for having kids so close together but I really do love the fun moments and the memories that we are creating! There is nothing more important to me than them!

No comments:

Post a Comment