Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fun stuff in East Texas

I finished my ortho course in California! It was four sessions and we just had the last one a couple weeks ago. I got to know some great guys. Steve on the left is my buddy from dental school. The guy with sunglasses is Hunter Smith. He is in Arkansas and was the biggest factor in helping me decide how do decide on a practice to purchase. I sure am grateful for great mentors in my life. 


Ashlyn with her creativity here! These are paper towels with drawings on them, all taped together.


Sunday Sundaes!


The girls had fun looking at my photo album and pictures from when I was in kindergarten.


This picture is of my parents a few days after they found out they were pregnant with me. Good lookin couple that is.


I bought an electrosurge, which acts kind of like a laser with certain surgeries. Here Jenny is trying it out on a hunk of meat.


We got polos for work! Embroidered with our logo and all! I'm thrilled with how they turned out!


This girl earned money for her scooby doo! She only needed three more dollars. Well, we were outside eating dinner and Brinley came out with her swimsuit on. The pool was freezing cold. Brinley started going in and didn't want to go in because of how cold it was. I told Ashlyn I would give her a dollar if she jumped in with just her panties on. She thought about it and said, "Three dollars Dad and I'll do it." I agreed and this girl took off her clothes and jumped in the pool. Watching her reminded me of when I was so scared to jump of the cliff/waterfall in the Dominican Republic. She owned up and jumped right in though. I took a video of it but didn't want to upload it to youtube. This picture is after getting dried off, getting jammies on, and getting out her money to pay for the scooby doo.

I decided that Jenny needed to feel how cold the pool was (I'm mean sometimes). Well, I got her in the water but decided I needed to get it on video.


Every year, Jenny has us put decorate pumpkins with stickers. Then a week or so before Halloween we take them off and carve them. The girls always enjoy this fun tradition. They are lucky to have such a fun Mom.



Megan is one of my hygienists. She is the brunette getting a flu shot from her mother in this picture. Her mom was nice enough to come to our office and give all of us flu shots. She gave me one that I could take home and give to Jenny. Jenny did not want me to give it to her. She put it off for a couple days and finally yesterday I told her, "Jenny we are doing this right now." I gave her the shot and she was amazed. Said that it didn't even hurt!


We went to the high school play "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". We had a lot of fun. The girls were so good and we were able to stay and watch the whole thing. We are blessed to have such great kids.


On Friday this week, my staff and I went to a CE course in Tyler. It is the biggest town within an hour. I went to the morning but snuck out in the afternoon to meet up with Jenny and the girls. We went to the zoo there and had a great time. Funny how it happened but we ended up spending most of our time at the zoo, at a sandy play area. The girls really enjoyed it.


Claire absolutely love the goats. She just kept running from goat to goat, taking a look and getting close, but not too close.


Yesterday we went to an air show at the Angelina County Airport. We had a blast! There were a lot of different vendors and booths. We had a fun time walking around looking at the different planes, eating yummy food, and watching the air show.


Not sure who this fuzz ball was but the girls liked him.


Blackhawk!




I have seen "fried pickles" a few times and decided to try them out. They weren't exactly a huge hit with us. As you can see in this video, Brinley like the "fried" but not so much the "pickles".


The girls spotted a Yorkie (we found out it was named "Corkie"). I think they enjoyed playing with and petting the dog more than watching the planes fly.





One of the planes landed and smoked us all!


This girl is committed to the young womens. She cares so much about each of them and about the lessons that she gives. I'm always so impressed by the genuine desire she has to help others. I can learn a lot from her.


Trevor made an early Christmas gift for the girls! He got a new computer and wanted to try out his story telling and editing skills. Please watch.



Ashlyn turned it off about 1 minute before it finished because the giant voice was too scary for her. Haha. Maybe next time Uncle Trevor.

No comments:

Post a Comment