Sunday, October 16, 2016

The good life in TEXAS

For family night a couple of weeks ago we went swimming!  We are just so grateful for our swimming pool.  We all have a blast!  But we had an unwelcomed visitor that wanted to join us...


Baby Snake
(Snakes are my less favorite thing in the whole world.  Since then I have had nightmares about them- no joke, like wake you up nightmares!  ugh!)


Since Ashlyn had started school I realized that we are in desperate need of some music.  So of course I bought kid music (which is the only music I listen to these days- which I am not ashamed, but there will come a day where my kids will be out of this stage of listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!  I better soak it up while they are little and don't know of much else- ha ha).


Mommy School
D is for Dancers.  I found this station on youtube called Dance and Beat Lab that does dances for kids.  This is them following along.


We did a science experiment with dancing crasins.


I taught them the dance positions in ballet.  This is first position. 



 Claire has been a great helper lately with the dishwasher!  I hope it lasts!

There are times when we are ready to eat before Daddy gets home from work. These are the moments that I have to pull out the veggies and devour with these girls. Yummy!



Ashlyn's school work


I have joined this group called MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) and this was one of the girls' night activities!  These are my kiddos.  Can you guess who is who?


Ashlyn got out of school early one day and we meet daddy at the park to have a picnic!  We are so lucky to have daddy work so close and enjoy our time together!  


Ashlyn is so creative and has a great imagination!  She is always playing with her stuffed animals!  It is so fun to watch!  She can do it hours and hours.  Oh how I wish I could be a kid again!


 While daddy was in California I was so desperate to get the house cleaned, I put these girls to work.  I also did bribe them.  We deep cleaned a room and then they were rewarded to watch a 20 minute show and repeat.  I know I shouldn't do it, but was what I needed to do to survive the weekend and get a huge chunk of cleaning done.  It was a win-win situation!  


The show they all love right now is Sofia the First!


Claire is such a sweet sister. She is always trying to give toys for Des to play with.  She is well loved!


This hair makes me laugh!


I love watching Derek with the girls.  He seriously is the best daddy ever!  Our girls are so blessed to have him! He is also trying to plan his sunday school lesson during sacrament while wrestling with the girls.


Mom and Dad thank you so much for the braces that I hated so long ago.  I remember being so disappointed every time we would leave the orthodontist because I wanted them off.  But those 2 1/2 years were so worth it!  Derek loves to pull these babies out ever once in awhile to look at my old teeth.  How much I enjoy my straight teeth!


The girls and I have been going on a lot of walks lately.  The weather is so beautiful and how funny it is that we can walk around in 85 degree weather and it doesn't seem that hot.  But lately the mornings have been in the high 60s or low 70s and we love it.



Halloween craft time!



This girl doesn't nap anymore because when she does, she is up until 10 at night and Derek and I enjoy our alone time.  So I have been trying different types of activities during naptime.  This one is a website for preschoolers to learn their letters and sounds.  Best of all it is free online called Starfall.


Zoo Time
We love Lenny the Lion








We enjoy going to storytime at the library!  We like going with friends! Always following the story, there is a craft. 

The top of is the example and the bottom two are the girls.  I think we have future Picassos!

Enjoying our lunch break when Daddy can come home to spend time with us by the pool to eat and soak up this weather. 


Brinley loves to follow the red brick road around the pool.


These girls filled up their letter A for Mommy School and they wanted to get an ice cream from Sonic (we had free coupons- yay for coupons)! 



This is payback to me for letting them eat in the car while we waiting to pick-up Ashlyn from school.



Conference bags!
I got this idea a couple of years ago from my friends Missie and Mindy and it is now a family tradition.  The girls have to find the speaker and there are treats/activities inside. They love it!


I had this idea to have a jar of M&Ms that they could grab one every time they heard the word Jesus. It was a big hit!


Conference was hit and miss with these girls, but with the 10 minutes of mormon messages, they were hooked!

I was inside finishing dishes and I then I came out to this!  Isn't this hillarious!  ha ha.

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing chalk outside!
I seriously have so much fun with these kiddos!



Des is so adorable!  This little girl is always smiling and makes us laugh.



This girl is so sweet!  For the past month or so, after I change her diaper she says, "Good job Mom!  Thank you" following with a big hug.  So sweet and makes my job worth every stinky diaper!


We finally got pictures from Grandparents Day!
We miss our Grandparents and can't wait until Christmas!



Ashlyn is so thoughtful.  She is ways writing note to Derek and I with these sweet messages.  We sure love her kindness and thoughtfulness.



I enjoy these naptime dates that Brinley.  Movie time!


If you donate $5 for United Way you could wear a hat to school all week and a dress pass one of the days!  She was so excited!

Mommy School
E is for Elephant 
Dot to dot worksheet.  I am impressed with how well Brinley is doing with her letters and sounds!



We watched a clip to teach us about facts about Elephants.  It was fun to learn about how they are the largest land mammal and they don't drink in their trunks and much more. 


Magnet patterns- building pictures of animals and insects.



Ashlyn's after school masterpiece.



We went to the high school play Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I have a couple of my young women in the play and I wanted to go support them. The kids did awesome (We were able to stay the whole time) and we all enjoyed it!  We reenacted it out all week! 
Claire was a bit nervous about the Umpa Lumpa and so this picture is priceless!



Derek had a conference in Tyler (about an hour away) and so we made a road trip to enjoy it for the day!  I love East Texas!  It is beautiful with all these pineywoods!


Well we got out of the door late so by the time we got to Tyler it was lunchtime so we stopped at Braums.  This is Claire just drinking the Ketcup.  She definitely takes after her momma!


We picked up Daddy from the conference and went to the zoo.  These girls loved petting the goats. Especially Claire!



I thought this was an adorable washing station- Clever!




We spend forever in the sand/play area! 





Derek has a soft heart for our girls!  Brinley talked about when she would move away and Derek started tearing up.  I asked him what was wrong and he said that he doesn't want our girls to grow up!  He is so sweet!




I enjoyed the set up of this zoo and how it really feels like nature. 



Derek and I never take the girls out to eat, so we wondered how this would all play out, but they did great! We took them to a delicious place McAlisters which is a sandwich and deli place, which I have never heard of before.  I just looked up Kids Eat Free Tyler and this placed showed up where you pay 99 cents/kid.  Who can beat that!



This little one loved to eat/play with the pickle!  Her face was priceless whenever she would try the pickle.


Storytime Craft.  We read Wilma, the frog and make our own frogs.



Derek's hygienist told Derek for weeks we had to go to the Air Show.  It was fun to see them all.

Train ride


These girls got spoiled by their Daddy!



This is my MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) group!  It seriously is amazing!  I met a couple of ladies who have done MOPS in a many cities and states and they say that their is something very special about the Lufkin's MOPS.  It made me not want to take it for granted.  It is fun to gather together as women and enjoy learning, chatting, and enjoying "our" time (they have daycare for the 2 hours we meet).  This month we learned about freezer/crockpot meals.  


There was a drawing to win prizes and I actually won!  I have tried these crockpot liners and they are AMAZING!!! I will not go back to scrubbing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment