Sunday, October 16, 2016

It's the most fun time of the year!

For Family Night we made Oreo Truffle Bats!  The kids enjoyed the snacking part that they were too full to actually try one.  

They did a great job!



After the kids were in bed, Derek and I had to test them out!  YUMMY!!!
Derek looks a little creepy ha ha.



I wanted to save some for later.



Every year I love to do sticker faces on the pumpkins!  


This girl just cracks me up.  She is just so carefree and lives in the moment.  Earlier today she went skinny dippin in the swimming pool and then I find her playing around the house naked!


I love making Halloween crafts with the kids.  We woke up early and made these pumpkin laterns (or in Brinley's words Pumpkin purses).  



We went to Ashlyn's school and had lunch with her.  I told her that she could invite a friend over to sit with us and she wanted Anders.  She went to go find him, but he was eating lunch with his grandma. She was so disappointed, but she invited her other good friend Lucy. We had a great time!


At breakfast Ashlyn was saying how there are lots of people who have their moms come and bring them chick-fil-a and how much she misses chick-fil-a.  We rarely go there anymore because it is the popular place to eat here and it is always packed!  But today I went through the drive thru and surprised her.  


I sure miss this little girl during the day, but she is enjoying school and learning so much!  I am so proud of her.  I love her so much!


We are in the middle of making another Halloween craft and I can't wait to show you the final product.  These kiddos have been working so hard.  


 For many years I have bought things from the dollar store, but it was about time that I invested in some Halloween Decorations for my favorite holiday.  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought these adorable decorations!  It makes the house a little more festive!  Love it!



As a young women's leader, I am trying to attend to some of the extra curricular activities that my girls are in. So Brinley and I went on a date to the High School volleyball game! She found a paper and it was our treasure map!  It was fun to go up and down the bleachers and wherever the map would tell us to go.  I love her imagination!


This week I watched a Mom Conference that was online.  I heard from so many wonderful speakers, took lots of notes, and desire to read so many books to learn more about parenting, marriage, and organization.  This is my passion: parenting and marriage!  One of the speakers that I watched talked about a live list (bucket list) that she does monthly.  She gathers the family together and they come up with a list of many things that each member of the family wants to do.  Then they narrow the list down to 10 things.  
It was fun for us to do because I got to get into my kids head and hear the things that they like/want to do and not just me come up with the ideas!  I love this concept and I hope to continue to do it throughout the year!

Here is our Live List for October!


Brinley's curly hair!
Brinley has naturally curly hair and with the humidity it is really showing up.  Today for church I put gel in it.  So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment