Sunday, January 8, 2017

Welcoming the year 2017!

Happy January!


Daddy did our hair all the same.  Matchy, matchy!
Daddy is the MAN!!!



He even did his own hair!


Saturday was LLLOOONNNNGGGG day!  We had tired, whiny, ornery, and fighting gallore!  Derek and I were going a bit crazy. So to change things up I got an idea where the girls could play pretend... it turned out really fun!

Meet waitress Ashlyn
She took our order and served us!  She was wonderful!


We went to a movie as a family and saw the Storkes (Thank you Mom for the Redbox Giftcard!)
Claire the Movie ticket girl!


Then to end the evening we went to the Brownie Shop!  
Meet Brinley our Server!  She was fabulous and it was delicious!



Brinley worked so hard at doing her homework everyday.  She filled up her little b and we went to Chick-fil-a for ice cream.  I went to the cashier with all these toys from the kid's meals that I have been saving up and he says, "Wow!  You must have been saving all these for a while now."  HA HA.  I love when we can go somewhere and not spend a dime!


Ashlyn was put into a drawing at school this week for being a Dunbar Star and she won these prizes!  She is such a great student.  Ironically, we did a family home evening and set goals for the week.  She wanted to be a Dunbar star!


Some evening I have to be creative while we wait for dad to come home for dinner.  We pulled out the cards and played Go Fish!


One of my New Years goal is to make a Recipe Book of the meals that I use often and hopefully I can print it out for my girls to take to college.  This is the first week, but it is going very well.  We have had some delicious dinners!

French Bread Avocado Sandwich


Taco Soup


A few more of my goals that are on my mind right now is I am running a half marathon in March (before I turn 31) and I can have diet coke once a week.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment