Sunday, January 8, 2017

More Christmas

Before we came to Utah we had a wonderful Christmas break having Ashlyn home.  She worked so hard with reading Hooked on Phonics finishing the Kindergarten level at home!  She really is a great reader!  To reward her I took the girls to Walmart and she picked out a stuff animal.  She is really into stuffed animals and she has a great imagination when she plays with them.  It reminds me of Toy Story.  Brinley and Claire also took their money that they have earned from chores and bought a toy.  We have a house full of hard workers.  We love Dad's mantra, "Work hard, play hard!"!


This cutie is getting so big!  I love her messy hair!


I love Ashlyn's crafts that she makes at school.  My mom hung up our artwork around the house for decorations from elementary for years and I want to do that in our home.  I remember feeling special seeing my projects up on the walls.  It is funny that I can still remember them- painted rocks that were pumpkins and ghosts, the Santa Clause made of out paper and nylons, and more.


Ashlyn has always enjoyed watching TV.  I learned early that I had to limit it because it would affect her mood.  I learned that Caillou put her in a friendly mood when she was younger ha ha.Well with this Christmas break I spoiled her.  She doesn't get to watch TV during the week because of school (which I am glad) and this is something that she looks forward to doing. 


We spend a lot of the break in our pjs.  Lunchtime at the Frozen table!


Ashlyn got a fairy book from Santa and we played a lot of games from this book. 
Fairyland!
I would also take picture throughout the day and send them to Derek while he was working.  Well I later learned that it was torture for him because it all he wanted to do was come home to us.  I thought it would help him feel connected to us throughout the day. ha ha.


We did a lot of crafts!




Granny made this wonderful pillowcases!  Thank you!  We love them!


Enjoying our toys!





I look back on my pictures from when we were in Utah and I didn't take that many pictures.  We had some fun memories, but I regret not taking more pictures. 

We had breakfast with the Van De Graaffs!
That is a couch full of kids!



Derek and I gave the girls Disney World Trip!  We are so excited!  I did a scavenger hunt where I had the girls open a gift or do an activity to get to the grand prize!
We are so excited to go in February!






Flying with this crew is fun, but it makes for a long day.  We were ready to be home, but we had so much fun with family! 
Miss y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment