Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mommy's Birthday

Jenny: So the night before my birthday I couldn't sleep and I stayed up writing down all the blessing that I have seen in my life this past year...WOW!  So much has happened and looking back i can see God's hand in it.  We graduated Dental School, had 4 kids, bought a practice, moved to Lufkin, bought a house, found a great school for Ashlyn, enjoy our callings.

Derek: Jenny got lots of presents for her birthday! Yay!

Jenny has been wanting to go to some flower gardens by a college in Nac (the next city North of us). We went for her birthday in the morning. We ended up in the wrong area but still loved it! It was a beautiful morning. We played at a park and went for a walk on this fun trail.






Jenny also asked that she didn't have to do any cooking on her birthday. So I made breakfast, we had Chick Fil A for lunch and Little Caesar's for dinner.

 One of Jenny's presents was the movie, "Sing". We watched it before bedtime.

To top it off, the girls and I made a video to tell her how much we love her:



Claire with a baby in our ward.


While Jenny and I were on our date we saw the game "Bean-Boozled". We decided to get it and play with the family. Basically you spin the wheel to find which bean you have to eat, the flavor might be okay or it might be really gross.
Image result for bean boozled





Unfortunately, Jenny usually ended up gagging and spitting at the sink...





Ashlyn is such a helper. She can often be seen pitching in to help clean up even when she hasn't been asked.





I took the girls to Home Depot a few weeks ago for their kids project. We had a great time.












No comments:

Post a Comment