Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring is in the air!

To start this spring season I have been very motivated to do some spring cleaning!  Derek and I watched the Minimalism on Netflix and we have been decluttering our stuff. 
 In my MOPS group we have had a couple of interesting topics with spring cleaning and car seat safety.  We had a playdate where they had ladies from the state inspect our car seats installation... well I will be a story for these ladies to share in the future.  The inspection normally takes about 10-15 minutes and mine took the WHOLE 2 hours.  These ladies deserve a great reward for their hard work and enduring the heat. I left there so grateful knowing my kiddos where extra safe in their car seats.  I also got a new car seat for free.  
(There is so much more to this stroy because behind my smile was a mama that was losing her mind.  I almost had a heartache when Brinley was in the front seat pushing on the gas (yes the car was on, but I had the emergency break on, keeping track of three girls in a parking lot full of moving cars, my battery died at the end, all while enduring the heat and embarrassment of taking so long.  Lets just say I was so excited to go home and take a good nap!)


My girls are so sweet.  Everyday these cuties go out in the yard and pick me some wonderful flowers and clovers.  It melts my heart to see their excitement to surprise me!


This is my wonderful collection!  
Thank you mom for the decor that we got at Magnolia Market!
It is displayed in my kitchen window.


Whenever I can't find Brinley, I look in the back and she is in her own world picking flowers.  I love it!  She was singing songs while picking them!
This is her favorite activity lately!


I just had to take a picture of this cute Claire Bear.  She was exploring the front yard with her walking stick and boots, even it is almost 90 degrees outside.


I love how green it is here.  View during our walk. So beautiful!


Ashlyn got spring pictures at school.  We didn't order pictures, but we are getting our family picture on Saturday.  It is amazing how much my baby is growing up!


This was an assignment that Ashlyn did at school.  It just melted my heart. 
Mount "Special"



Another assignment by Ashlyn




Brinley loves to do Mommy School during naptime.  It is our special time together.  She has learned so much.  She completed this Pre-K workbook and ABC worksheets.  I am starting to teach Brinley how to read.  She loves it!  She gets so excited that she is reading like Ash.  It is fun to see how excited she gets when we read together.  She is doing great!  We are doing Hooked on Phonics where it works with word families.


Easter
For the past couple of years, we started a tradition where we celebrate the last week of Christ's life by learning and doing activities that go along with each day.  This was our Palm Sunday activity!  Each girl got a chance to ride the donkey (me) and be Jesus.


We do our Easter baskets on Saturday.  I did a scavenger hunt for the girls to find their Easter baskets.  They absolutely loved reading the clues!


New flip-flops and ready for the egg hunt.

Ashlyn really wanted money, so I did quarters instead of candy.  The girls love the "free" money.


New Easter PJs



Desi is crusin to find her eggs! Lucky girl!




Daddy and Ashlyn made notes for each other in their lunches.  This is Ashlyn's for Derek.
She is so thoughtful.  I am so grateful for the special bond that Derek and Ashlyn have with each other.


Brinley loves the dress that she got for her birthday from Grandma Martinson!


Claire also loves to do Mommy School.  Right now we are working on colors and I can't tell you how many times I wanted to give up.  I would ask her a color and all she says in her cute voice, "I don't know".  I have been trying for a couple of days just repeating the same color all day and it wasn't sticking.  I was telling Derek and we made a bet that if Claire would say the color red and blue the first time after he taught her, then the loser would have to pick up all the sticks in the front yard.  Derek took Claire in the bedroom for 15 mintues and tried to nail it into her brain.  He said he couldn't take it and didn't know if he was successful, but she did it!  She now knows red and blue.  The sorting and recalling is the activity we have done this week.  Wish me luck- yellow is next week. 


Desi and Brinley had a Dr. appointment this week and this big girl got her Kindergarten shots!  She is getting so big! I guess in Texas they do it at age 4. She was so brave, especially when she didn't know that she was going to get shots. 


Right now I am focusing on trying to get more connected with my kids. Recently I have been listening to podcasts and reading articles about making connections with your kids while they are young so they will be open with you during those difficult teen years. So I started this tradition that I think my girls are going to love.  We call it Tuesday Tea Party.  Right after we get Ashlyn from school, we will have a tea party!  It is just a great way for everyone to share about their day and make more connections with each other.  The girls had such a great time!
Thanks Grandma Martinson for the beautiful Tea Pot!  

Claire was my big helper while I was making dinner, she set the table all by herself without being asked.  She is so sweet and absolutely loved every second of it.  Hopefully it will last. 


The girls and I went to the library before we went to gymnastics and we found these encyclopedias that the library was trying to get rid of.  It brought back so many memories of these book in my house growing up.  I remember using them for school reports on prarie dogs and weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment