Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Claire is 3!

 Claire had a very merry birthday!  She woke up to the family singing to her at her door.  She was surprised to find steamers and ballons everywhere!
I can't believe she is 3 years old!!!!


I took Claire on a special lunch date and she chose McDonalds.
Throughout the day I made a special effort to call her Birthday Girl and every time I was say that, her whole face would light up!


She absolutely loves the play place!


We went to visit daddy at work and get a birthday balloon.  She was soaking up all the attention she was getting in her new aurora dress-up and being the birthday girl!


Thank you Grandma and Papa Martinson for this balance bike.  This is by far her favorite girl!  She is always on her special bike and wow, is she fast!



Thank you Nana and Grandpa Williams for the Muffin game.  She was so excited to play it and we pull it out and I ask her if she could tell me all the colors.  Well this girl knew her colors and I was absolutely SHOCKED!!!  I don't know if you remember, but I have been working on colors with her for many, many months and I think all I could get her to remember is red and sometimes blue.  Well I decided for my sanity and we should take a break (long break, couple months).  Magic happened and she KNOWS her colors!
(I am still in shock, I have had to have her repeat many times the colors...ha ha)




Brinley had a feast at her preschool and the whole family was invited. She was the cutest little preschooler there with her turkey hat that she made!


When the sisters saw each other, they ran and gave each other hugs.
So heart melting!!!


Brinley got a treat...
before


after...
she only likes the frosting


Her adorable placemat


It is so fun to see Brinley love preschool so much!!!

I absolutely love being these girls' mom!  There are times that I like to pause and recognize how cute they are at this stage.  I really am enjoying this stage in motherhood!  It is hard, but there are so many joys amid the chaos.


Ashlyn brought home a permission slip to climb the rock wall at school and she told me (commanded me) to say that she can't climb it.  Well I signed the slip and Derek and I persuaded her to give it a try.  She didn't want to and made a big fuss.  Well the day arrived and she was so brave and got out of her comfort zone and she climbed it!  We are so proud of her!!!!!
I hope I can provide opportunities for my kids to step out of their comfort zones and try new things!  I believe there is so much growth and confidence in experiences like this.

(Picture of her "fake" climbing with a thumbs up)




Ashlyn has really become the artist at home.  She is constantly drawing and coloring.  She works so hard and I hope she will continue her passion for drawing.


Ashlyn made this book at school and we are so grateful for many that have served our country.  Thank you Grandpa Williams and Grandpa Robertson!!!


Ashlyn had her Thanksgiving Feast at her school.  I enjoy going to volunteer in her class to be with this cutie!


We spend this weekend with one last swim before it gets too cold.  The weather was 80 degrees and then we think the cold is going to start settling in.  
Brinley caught a spider (that was a good size) with her bare hand.  She had a fun time playing with it too.


Ashlyn got a haircut.  She hasn't been wanting to do her hair in the morning so we decide to do something different.

Before


After


Lately I have been getting my crafty side on.
I went to a MOPS mother's night out and made this chalkboard style decor. Now I got to figure out where to put it in my house.


While my parents were visiting, my mom and I made these snowflakes out of clothpins and this week I made them into Frozen ornaments to go on our Christmas tree.


Here is our Frozen Christmas Tree.  
I bought additional ornaments to go on the tree, but when Desi was constantly taking them off, I came to the conclusion that I can do more in a few years!  So I am returning them this week....ha ha.  
Life with little ones! A time and a season for everything, including a beautiful, pinterest worthy Christmas tree...ha ha.


We usually don't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but this year I have been so excited for Christmas!!!!  I just couldn't wait!!!!
The smell of this lovely aroma completes the Christmas spirit!


We made a new treat that we have never made before and it was a big hit!  It is pretzels, rolos, and white chocolate.  This sweet girl was my helper in the creating and devouring!


My mom is always so thoughtful and giving.  She made these beautiful ornaments with all the different names of Christ on them.  So I bought a special tree we call "The Jesus Tree" and we cut out picture from the Friend and framed them next to the Jesus Tree.
I thought it turned out beautiful!


Sunday evening we all sat around the living room reading Christmas books and listening to Christmas music!  Christmas is in full swing at our house!


We went to a community event that happens each year called the Lighting of Rudolph.  It is an Oil Rig that has lights on it and the community does a ceremony, hand out free milk and cookies, and best of all: Santa is therer!!!

Yummy cookies!



An adorable reindeer


Here comes Santa!


The girls got to give Santa a big hug!


On the way back to the car we saw the Chick-Fil-A cow


When we were at Hobby  Lobby buying the ornaments for the tree, we saw a bell ringer and I love opportunities that teach my girls to give.  Well sadly, all the coins were in the car, so we took a trip to the car and savored the joy of giving.  I enjoy these teaching moments!



We saw the movie The Star and we really enjoyed it!


My mom send a package and she gave the girls each a chocolate countdown calendar.  I loved these as a kid and sadly they don't have any around here, but my mom is continuing the tradition with my girls!
It is funny that as a kid I thought these chocolates were the best, but as an adult....they aren't that good.


The girls love the leaves pile!


This is how this girl does her job sweeping the floor 







No comments:

Post a Comment