Friday, November 10, 2017

Special Visitors in Texas

Grandma and Papa came to visit us in Texas leaving the cooler weather in Utah to the perfect weather in Texas! We enjoyed our time with them!

We went on a beautiful walk in the park. It is just beginning to change colors and leaves are starting to fall down. 


Ashlyn loved walking with Papa and teasing him.


We found this big monkey


We played at a park nearby.  How the girls love their grandma!



Desi loves holding Papa's hand.


Beautiful!


I love watching my parents be grandparents!  I love and admire how much they love my girls!


Dinner at Del Rio!! (The girls call it the Little Door Restaurant)


The little door


Special dessert- ice cream with Grandma


Grandma was able to see Ashlyn's classroom and meet her teacher at Report Card Night!


Ashlyn is doing so great at school and is such a great student!


Ashlyn has the best teacher Ms. Horan
(we learned this week that Ms. Horan is the most requested 1st grade teacher and we feel so blessed to have Ashlyn in her class).
Ashlyn is like buddy-buddy with her teacher.  It was so fun to see the fun relationship that they have.  Ms. Horan is so sweet and knows everything about Ashlyn.  My favorite was to see Ashlyn's eyes light up while talking to Ms. horan.


I forgot to take a picture at lunch, but we went to Ashlyn's school with Grandma to have lunch with Ashlyn!  These kiddos love the Disney decorations.


Grandma was able to see Brinley's school too.
Brinley's favorite thing is recess so we had to take a picture where she has inside recess!




Cheeeeessssseeee!


More park fun!




Then we went to a pumpkin patch.
It was so hot!




 Tractor Ride


 Grandma went inside the corn maze witht the girls....i guess it is way humid in there.





 Petting Zoo









Ashlyn was scared of the animals









Grandma learning how to play the mermaid game from the experts.


I love how crafty my mom is!  She did this cute Halloween craft with the girls by tracing the girls' feet on milk jug plastic.  I made this same craft when I was little.


She then taught the girls a dice game using a paper pie craft.


Papa relaxing and enjoying the weather, but not the mesquitos!



Derek and my dad went golfing.  Derek was in heaven!  He hasn't been in a long while and I think it was good for him to get some man time!  He wants to pursue more time in golfing in the near future!


My mom made these snowflakes out of clothespins with me to decorate for our Christmas tree.  I am excited to see how they will turn out!


Grandma organized a game and the prize was candy and a Thanksgiving pillowcase for each girl!  She sewed each of them so beauitfully.


Before they left, they were able to see the primary program for the year.  It is always sad to say goodbye to family, but we will see everyone in 2 months!  Love you Grandma and Papa!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment