Saturday, June 2, 2018

Baby Emmett has FINALLY arrived!!!!

This picture is so priceless to me.  It is the moment that our sweet Baby Emmett enter this world.  It is amazing to reflect on the miracle of life and how this bundle of joy left the presence of heaven to join our family.  During the c-section, it was a spiritual experience for me. Maybe someday I would love to share, but for now it is a sweet experience that I will cherish.  
Emmett was way up in my ribs, snug as a bug and not ready to come out.  My doctor and nurses had to push him down for a good couple of minutes.  As soon as his head popped out of my belly, they all commented on his HUGE head.  They all called him a Future Football Player because of how big he was- then we find out that he was 9 lbs!!!!  That is huge, because my girls were 7 lbs.  No wonder I was so uncomfortable!! 
I really appeciated all the doctors and nurses in the room.  They really communicated everything that they were doing step by step.  My doctor paused for Derek to take this picture.  She really took the time to capture this priceless moment.  
This has been the best c-section and recovery!  I am so grateful because this has also been the WORST pregnancy and I'm glad God gave me some grace to give me a quick and easy recovery!


Emmett Derek Williams
Born 8:22 am May 11th, 2018
9 lbs 20 1/2 in




I see him for the first time


Look at his hair




Love my boys!
It has been so fun to see Derek bond with Emmett. It really didn't sink in for Derek until the moment that Emmett was born.  He loves to hold, talk, and snuggle with him.


Driving to the hospital to meet Baby Emmett.


This is the moment that the girls finally got to meet their baby brother.
It was probably a surreal moment (especially for Desi).  We have talked about Baby Emmett for so long and pointing to my belly whenever we did and now they meet him. 



Look at this CHUNK-A-DUNK!



 The kisses and hugs begin...
They were all so excited!  







We were so blessed to have my mom here for 10 days!  She is amazing to hold down the fort while we are in the hospital and take over while I recovered.
We love Grandma!


Derek's office manager Angela made these cute shirts for the girls!


More snuggles



First family picture of 7 





When we found out that we were having a boy I was excited for Derek to have a little buddy in a house full of girls.  Then all my friends with boys told me that a boy is for me.  I am excited to see our mama-boy relationship grow!  He already has a sweet spot in my heart!



Derek is making me laugh and Emmett is giving a face like "really dad"!




Going home







Photoshoot
His hair reminds me on mine because in some of the pictures because of the light, it looks reddish.
1 week old









Sisters wanted a turn



















 We were all sad to see Grandma leave.  When she left Ashlyn ran to her room and cried for awhile.  It caused Derek and I to reflect on the relationship that our kids have with their grandparents and extended family and how hard it is living far away from them.  All of our kids lives they have lived away from famly.  It can be difficult, but we are blessed to go to Utah twice a year and have grandparents visit twice a year.  




These girls love holding Emmett!


Captured the last part of his smile.




1 week



2 weeks



This little guy is spoiled!  I had to go all out with decorations for our boy!  I was so excited!  It made me feel bad for our girls because they always had their nursery with the storage boxes.
I made most of these decorations and I thought it came together quite nicely.








Fun Times with Grandma

Grandma came into town just in time to watch the girls do their gymnastics class.  It was hilarious how they would continually wave to Grandma and they were so excited that she was there to watch their awesome skills.



I was putting the girls to bed the night before I went to the hospital and they said one last goodbye and this is what I saw.... it was hilarious!  (They have googly eyes on their eyes)



Balloon Party with Grandma


The girls built a campfire out of my weights....so creative.


Swimming



 Tea Party with Grandma and Emmett. This is the first of many that Emmett will have.
Desi is in this phase where she reminds us all the time to pray before we eat... it is so cute.
Don't forget to pray!



I admire my mom in so many ways, but one of my favorites is watching her love being a grandma.  Something that has become a tradition is every time she comes to visit, each girl gets a one-on-one date with Grandma. They usually get to go to the store and pick a toy out and get a special treat!  The girls absolutely love it!





Grandma had a special date with Ashlyn at school and while they were having lunch, Ashlyn picked an alarm clock from Amazon.



Grandma did Elsa hairdo


Another tradition that we started here in Lufkin is to go to a local tea party restaurant with Grandma.






They love their new toys from Grandma!


Watching the movie Coco!



Grandma bought some new games for the girls! 


Thank you mom for this book for Mother's Day! I love it!



Ashlyn made this picture frame at school for Mother's Day!
I love it!



I am so blessed to be a mother of these sweet cuties!  Motherhood is a journey that I am always changing up and trying to be better at each day.  I'm thankful for them being so patient and loving towards me!  I absolutely love being their mom!


The girls and grandma made these flowers for me in the hospital after I had Emmett.
These are beautiful and crafted with lots of love.





My mom is so crafty and creative.  I have been wanting to make a wreath for awhile now so before my mom came out I got all the material and during her visit we made this!  I couldn't have done it without my mom!  She is amazing!  I absolutely love how it turned out and it looks great on my front door!


For Mother's Day my mom made me a few more wreaths.  So cute!



I got a new mat


This little guy is babied...ha ha!

 "Mom, can you take my picture?!"

 This guy loves his swing.



Bathtime!



Derek can't get enough of his son!  When he comes home for lunch, he just wants to hold Emmett!


While we were in the hospital, Derek's staff came to meet Emmett.  We are so blessed to have a great work family!


I am so grateful for this handsome guy!  He is the most amazing daddy!  He has been so patient and loving towards me with this really hard pregnancy and helping with the girls always!  I love Derek so much and I'm so lucky to have him as my best friend!
I usually have Derek spend the night with me during my hospital stay, but this time he would spend most of the day with me and go home at night.  That is the advantage of living 5 minutes away from the hospital.  He was so relieved to sleep in his own bed and not in the uncomfortable chair.




No comments:

Post a Comment