Saturday, June 2, 2018

Boys and their toys

Derek got a new toy!
He is super excited about his new pride and joy.  He said that he needs to be a real man because now he has a son and it is time to fit in with all the Texans with their big trucks.  Go big or go home!
Honestly Derek has been wanting a truck for awhile now and he has been wondering if he should set some high goals with the practice and then get the truck at the end of the year.  Then one day (the last week of school), he dropped off Ashlyn at school and on his way to work there was a major car accident just 30 seconds in front of Derek and sadly one lady passed away and the other was in ICU.  It caused Derek to reflect and see that safety is worth it with all the trucks in Lufkin. Bye-bye little car!  About six months ago Derek got rear-ended and he was so happy that it wasn't a big truck because he could have gotten really hurt.  
He is so in love with his truck!  It is so nice!
  



We had to take a family ride in the church parking lot to test it out!
We all love the truck!  The girls will ask all the time to ride in the truck with Daddy!



 Goodbye to Ol' Rusty
Derek paid for this car with all the plasma money that he earned during his 2nd year of Dental School.  We have a lot of memories with this car and one of my favorites has been with the girls pushing the car in the mornings when Derek and Ashlyn head to school//work.  I will not lie, I am excited that he finally upgraded!  I was embarrassed to drive his car to events and activities because most people (my friends) here have really nice cars.  


Derek loves to drive his truck everywhere!  He will think of every excuse to drive it- including errands like grocery shopping!  We have also been on a lot of rides around the loop!


Derek absolutely loves having a son.  He takes every opportunity to hold Emmett.


Sweet Emmett
I love the pose!


This is called a Woombie.  My friend Nicholette gave it to me as a gift.  Derek is the best at wrapping our babies up like burritos, but now there is this cool invention of a tight blanket that zips up tight so I can achieve the tight wrap without the hard work (and multiple tries because I can never get it tight enough).  


The girls love seeing their daddy during lunch hour!


 His kid is lucky to have one on one time with mommy and daddy when all his sisters are asleep.



These girls love their snacktime- ice cream with this amazing hot weather-high 90s!


 He looks so little!
My mom sewed this beautiful blanket! I love how it goes with the theme of his bedroom!  Thanks mom!


I absolutely love having a boy!  It is fun!
I have been pondering and realizing that I have been able to enjoy this baby a lot more and soaking up all the moments with him because time has already gone by so fast.  I was realizing that because Derek is home a lot with the family, I am able to focus a lot of attention on Emmett and Derek is able to take care of the girls!
I love this little guy so much!
I hope he is a mama's boy!


I love my helpers!




Daddy loves his snuggles!



This guy is a HUGE eater!  I nurse him and then after he drinks 4 oz of pumped milk.  This boy is going to get huge in no time if he keeps up this eating pattern.  I am glad that the girls love to feed him!  I love the sibling bond that is being established!


No comments:

Post a Comment