Monday, June 18, 2018

Summer is in full swing!

The girls had their 1st swimming lessons! They absolutely loved it!  A local lady teaches in her parents backyard and it is 45 minutes for a week long.  Ashlyn and Brinley are great swimmers already so they were learning 4 different strokes: freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, and breaststroke.  Claire learned how to get in the swimming pool without floaties (that is a huge step for her). 
Last summer we had a family rule for her that she had to do swim lessons with Daddy before she could get into the pool with her floaties and she would refuse and not even want to get into the pool.  A few weeks into summer we bagged the swim lessons because she wouldn't join the family for fun swimming time!  She was content just sitting because she refused to go into the pool without floaties.
It is funny how parenting can change and revolve with different kids and personalities.  



Ashlyn and Brinley had the first hour of swim lessons and then Claire had the next hour.  While the olders swam, the youngers explored the yard and found hens!


We are BEYOND impressed with this girl!  After her first swim lessons, we swam as a family in the evening to review what they learned that day and this cutie just jumped right into the pool (without floaties) and was swimming EVERYWHERE in the pool!  Derek and I couldn't believe it!  We are so proud of her!  Way to go Claire!!!

No more floaties for this girl!


Practicing the different strokes.



I admire how quickly they can make friends.  The world would be a far better place if we could follow the example of children!


This guy is a real trooper!  Sitting in 90 degree weather for 2 hours while sisters have their swim lessons.  He is such a great baby!


Fist Bump


 It was Sable's birthday!
We went to the mall and tried all the different Bath and Body scents to pick out the perfect one for Sable.  The girls had a blast with all the scents.
We are so lucky to have the best babysitter!


Sable's mom gave the girls 2 puzzles and they are so in love with them.




I love how this girl is an artist!


Isn't this the cutest picture!


This dude loves to sprawl out



Derek and I went to Red Lobster for our date night for the first time EVER!
Derek had a patient this week who is a waitress there and was working on Friday, so Derek told her that we will go there for our date night.  It was good!  It was fun to try something new and have a different environment.  The crabs were hard to crack!  I told Derek that I hope he doesn't make that face while he is working on his patients...ha ha.


HUGE GAMECHANGER!!!
Our Walmart started Walmart Pickup this week!  I tried it for the first time ever and it is AMAZING!  It couldn't have come at a better time!
My date to get the pickup and they treated us so well.  I pulled up and called a number.  2 sweet ladies came out with my load of groceries with a delicious donut, water, capri sun (for Desi), and a baggie full of goodies!  Great service!



This guy loves having a boy to join this household of girls.  Derek wants to take him everywhere- store, church, and loves to hold him.  


We walk through the door from church and guess what the girls start playing....church!
Don't you love how they made their chairs into pulpits!



We did a game night on Sunday.  Each kid got to choose a game and we played it as a family- Disney scene it, Dinosaur and mermaid game, and we did puzzles.




Love the SMILES!



Sunday Sundaes


These two had Zumba camp this week! The had a blast!


Precious
I can't get enough of this cute guy!


These two were playing together and I over heard their argument, "No, I want to be the honey!"  Well a few minutes later I heard Brinley calling for Claire, "HONEY!"  Claire starts responding with a low, manly voice!  HAHA I was so entertained... it is hilarious what the kids pick up just watching Derek and I.


Tea parties are becoming a common occurence.


While the olders are at zumba camp, I get to spend time with these two cuties.
We played the princess cupcake game.


They took turns being my beautician.  Good thing i showered before because Claire unscrewed the lid to the squirt bottle and dumped the full bottle over on the top of my head.  Apparently the squirt bottle isn't fast enough.


I am soaking up this cute guy!


The girls wanted a turn to be in a picture with Emmett.



I love my running buddies!
I started running about 2 weeks after having Emmett and it feels good to start getting into shape.  I have a long way to go, but I feel so great!  I can't believe how sick I was while pregnant- it feels like a dream because I feel so great!


We did some watercoloring.


Love this superman onesie!


He looks so preppy.




Look at him chunk up!


5 weeks



Zumba Camp Parent Show

The girls with Rudy the owner of the Zumba studio and director of the camp.



We were wanting to get out of town, but decided to do a staycation.  We had a blast doing a lot of fun things in Lufkin!

We started out by going to Incredibles 2 in 3D!  We have been looking forward to this movie for a month!  We loved it!


Dinner at Chick-fil-a



We woke up bright and early to have chocolate muffins and swim!



The girls went to bed late because of the movie.  At 9 am Desi told me that she was tired and wanted to go to bed.  She slept 2 hours.  The other girls never told me when they are ready for bed, but Desi does.  I love how much she enjoys her sleep!



I got new sunglasses and Claire wanted to be matchy-matchy.


I taught the kids a childhood game I played in elementary called 4 Corners.  The person in the middle counts to 20 and the others swim to a corner.  Then the middle man calls out a number (which represents a corner).  The kids had fun playing it!



After swimming, we found 2 dogs in our backyard.
Oh they were terrified at the beginning, but then they all smothered the dog!  They gave it a name of Snow and begged for us to get a dog...
Derek and I said NO! (without hesitation). Then they kept asking and Derek told them they could think of arguments and they could have a debate about it.



There is a new trampoline park and we went to try it out.  We all had a blast!  There were few people there which made it more fun.  Derek and I were so sore afterwards. There was also a foam pit and Derek and I really struggled to get out of it!  Lets just say we were all sweaty and hungry afterwards.










Derek jumping so high


I forgot to share a funny story that happened to us a week before I had Emmett.  We went to Cafe Del Rio and Derek and I weren't super hungry (I was lazy to cook) and so we decided to split a meal and then we saw this picture and decided to split on this too.  During our meal the waitress kept asking if we were ready for the Mud Slide and I continued to tell her we aren't (because we weren't finished with our meal).  After the fourth time she asked if we were ready, I asked her what exactly is in it...well it turns out that it is an alcoholic drink.  I don't know why she didn't tell me that before (because I am 9 months pregnant). 


We got up really early and pulled out the folding chairs in front of our yard to watch the sunrise! 
Beautiful!



Hilarious Story...
We went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday to get some art supplies for our Make it Monday and it was super crowded.  While we were checking out Brinley yells in a loud voice, pointing to a nearby lady, "Look, she has a nipple!"  I tried to ignore it, but she kept repeating it to me VERY LOUDLY.  We got many looks! Then as we were walking out to the car it hit me what she was trying to say.... Look, she has a dimple (like a scene in the Disney movie Coco).  I couldn't help but laugh out loud all the way to the car and then when we got to the car I couldn't stop laughing.  It was so hilarious and embarrassing!


When I went to Walmart they gave me a goodie bag and one of the items in it was a washer/dryer cleaner and Derek happened to use it in the dishwasher instead.  Lets just say our dishwasher smells amazing (even after a week).


Derek was making fun of me of the way that I was multitasking- holding the bottle with the cheek.



Drunk and happy


Crazy morning breakfast!



For Father's Day, we got up really early and after breakfast we packed up and went for a leisure drive to a park in the next town.










We have a rule in our house that we don't go swimming on Sunday unless it is Father's Day (Derek's request). Derek was on the fence most of the day and then Ashlyn wrote this note to him... we will continue the tradition.  We also got a downpour while in the pool which was an exciting moment!

Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world!  He makes life so fun and exciting.  He truly lives in the moment and enjoys life.  He lives his life motto: Work Hard, Play Hard.  He is the best daddy to five little kids to love and admire him to pieces.  He is so patient, kind, and loving!  He is a great example to me to be a better parent.  Derek you are the best and you are so loved! I love the life that we are creating together!


Better late than never.... One of the days that I was in the hospital after having Emmett, Derek was dropping off the girls at home after seeing us in the hospital and this was on the car ride home... music playing and 4 little girls all singing to their own song.  
So cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment