Sunday, May 7, 2017

Big decisions in our household


We have had an amazing family experience this week that have involved many teaching moments in search for answer to prayer.  We decided to look into three different schools for Ashlyn next year.  We looked into a class in Ashlyn's current school, a private school, and a different school district.  We did a tour of each of these and prayed as a familiy before each tour.  We involved Ashlyn in our decision that will influence her three other sisters in the future.  We made a decision to move forward with moving her to a different school district (Top 5 in Texas- the best school district in the area). I will update when we know more.


The Hudson school (The one we decided on) is Disney themed throughout the whole school.  It is vibrant, exciting, and the girls didn't want to leave.



While we were waiting for a tour at Ashlyn's current school, the girls found this special spot.


I had a date with this handsome fellow this week and we went to a park to play frisbee golf.  We absolutely had a blast!  We will definitely do it again.  It is an activity that I could bet Derek at. While we were playing an older Mexican man was running and got upset because he said that we could kill someone playing frisbee.  Derek got heated up trying to explain to this guy that this is a frisbee golf course. ha ha.  


This girl cracks me up...she is walking around the house in her underware wearing her daddy's socks. 


Brinley and Ashlyn started another gymnastics class at the rec center.  After class we found these cute bunnies in the parking lot.  These girls had to go share their love.




"Mom, take my picture!"


We had lunch with Ashlyn this week.  These girls were waiting to see their sister.  These two are the best of friends!


Continuing our new tradition of Tea Party Tuesday!  We all love this tradition!

Derek mentioned in a past post about how minimalism has touched our hearts and it's message has blessed my life in so many areas.  One that it has been so beneficial is parenting.  It has made me more intentional in the way I parent and spend time with my girls.  I have put my phone aside more and just invested my time, thoughts, energy into my girls during the day.  The mornings have been so magically for me because we truly spend more quality time together.  We have been playing games, puzzles, and activities that the girls direct us to play.  It has been so amazing and fun!

 Brinley loves puzzles.


Brinley made tickets for our train ride and set up the train.  We went for a fun adventure to a place with gold, sparkles, and berries where fairies live. 



For family night we went to do service for a lady in our ward.  Her name is Ms. Stephanie.  She had a stroke about a year ago, is widowed, and has lots of bugs living in her house that aren't welcomed.  We heard of her need and called her up to see if we could spray her house and share some cookies with her,  I love watching my girls serve!  It gave me an idea that this summer I want to dedicate a day of the week to serve someone in our ward or neighborhood.  I want my girls to enjoy the happiness that serve can bring. 


Last week I went to Time Out for Women in Houston with a couple of ladies in my ward!  We had a blast and I heard from some amazing speakers and singers!  My favorites were Tim Ballard (CEO of Underground Railroad with children human trafficing), Alissa Parker (her daughter passed away in the Sandy Hook shooting), Calee Reed, and David Archuleta.

Me jammin with David Archuleta
(Maren I hope you are jealous)


Pearl and Robin.  We went to some Mexican restaurants and Pearl would eat dessert first.  I enjoy girls trips!


 Pearl, Robin, and I were able to go to the Houston Temple before we went to the conference.  So beautiful!



We had 5 adults fit into this tiny car.


 Another decision I made a couple of weeks ago is to change my love (addiction) of Diet Pepsi.  I went 3 weeks without it and I started to have it again.  I only drink it once a week when Derek and I are on a date.  I know that it isn't good for me, but it is my choice of treat.  I would rather have a can of it then have a sweet.  I was going to cut it out forever, but I enjoy it!



These girls had their parent gymnastice performance. They rocked it!!!!






While we were watching, Claire started swinging around this pole singing the song, "I am Moana!"  It was so adorable.


We recently have had a lot of severe thunderstorms and hail!
Oh my hail that was huge!


It is hard to see the hail on the ground, but they were good size!

So when we moved in, these couches had a little crack and Derek said we should try to get these couches to last a year.  I just laughed in his face and said 3 months....well it has almost been a year and we finally got new couches yesterday. (I don't have a picture of them yet, but will next post.)
I can't believe these lasted that long. ha ha!


We are so blessed to live so close to daddy's work and he eats lunch with us everyday.  We went to the airport and ate lunch at their cafe.  It was yummy!


Daddy's way of teaching manners at a cafe



Another decision we recenlty made last week is which preschool Brinley will go to next year.  She is so excited!!!

I love watching these girls swim and play with the unicorn.


I was able to go on Ashlyn's last field trip of the school year. We went to the Zoo!


Ashlyn's class
I love how Ashlyn is posing! She is so cute!



Ashlyn was able to touch a real snake.  She learned about mammals, reptiles, and birds.


We went on a train ride too!
I love spending one on one time with this girl!  She is so special!


This is one of Ashlyn's favorite friends in her class, Anders.


After I took Ashlyn to Chick-fil-a (her choice) for a special date with Mom.  
She is getting so big so fast.  I miss her so much during the day, but it is great to know that she is learning lots and enjoys school.   She is one smart cookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment