Monday, December 5, 2016

Thanksgiving Part 3

Before we went to get Sky and Katie from the airport we went to the Houston Zoo.  We had a great time. The animals were so so active.  The elephants were interacting with people, the rhinos were full on fighting, and these little monkeys were enjoying a new place.  When we left our house it was in the low 60s and then by the time we got to the zoo it was 85 degrees.  I made a mistake dressing these girls in warm clothes.  Oh how I love Texas weather!











It was a lot of fun to have these two here!!! We have been counting down the days, which seems like forever!!!!


We went to a Mexican resturant and they have a tiny door for little people.  The kids loved it!



This little helper was so wonderful on Thanksgiving.  She peeled the potatoes and helped out as much as she could.  I appreciate it very much!


 We went to Moana on Thanksgiving.  The girls were a bit scared in the movie.


I got the opportunity to go to the temple after I dropped off Sky and Katie off.  Oh how I miss having a temple close to our house.  2 hours doesn't seem close enough.


The day before Thanksgiving break this girl got Student of the Week!


I went to Sam's club and it was 7:30 in the morning.  It was a cloudy day and I knew rain was coming.  Well it started raining when we started going out to the car after shopping (and it dumps, not drizzles) and then after I pack these kiddos and the groceries in the car, I climb in to start the car and it completely stops.  God has a sense of humor. 


The kids and I love MOPS
It was a playdate at a local church.


Ashlyn earned a free pizza from Pizza Hut by reading.


Another tradition that Lufkin has is a light parade each year.  This year it was a Disney Theme.  The kids absolutely loved it!!!!




These two giggling


Ashlyn made this at school

I love this time of year!  We went to Hobby Lobby and saw a lady with a bell.  It was fun to take this opportunity to teach my kids about giving for Christmas!
The joy it is to give!

This girl learned to buckle up herself in the car!!!! YAY!!!



The leaves are finally falling in Texas. 


I have been trying to spend one on one time with my kiddos, but it is hard to find the time.  Well during naptime I have been trying to take 10 minutes and do whatever Brinley wants to do.  This day it was build a rocketship out of magnets.  I enjoy my one on one time with my girls.




This picture brings a smile to my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment