Monday, December 5, 2016

LDS Spice Girls

I love this time of year.  The leaves have been changing colors and we have gone a few nature walks in our yard and neighborhood. 



Watching these kids explore remind me of the great imagination and the simple enjoyments in life.




For Mommy school we did G is for Gum and these girls loved making their own bubble gum machinnes with playdo.


Of course we had to chew bubble gum during all our activities.



They love this activity!
Claire is very good at puzzles at her age.


I had a Young Men and Women Stake activity (our stake is 2 hours away so it calls for a long evening) where we did a Lip Sync Battle.  The YW leaders did Spice Up Your Life from the Spice Girls....I had a blast!!!!  It brought me back into my performance days in junior high and high school.  We had pratices a couple of times and it gave me a great opportunity to get to know these amazing women!  I had so much fun!  I got butterflys before the performance but it turned out great!  I enjoy the times that I can be Jenny- the immature, crazy, silly self!  (it sounds funny but true)


So I was getting ready and practicing facials in the mirror.  I then realized what I was doing and had to capture the moment.  Not only that, but I post these selfie pictures because it give you an idea of what I looked like that night because I got pulled over going 20 over in a construction zone, with 6 teenages in my car.  The cop asks for my driver license and asks where I am coming from around 10 pm and I tell him I going home from a church activity....ha ha!!!  I don't know if he believed me but I did get a ticket!!! Yay!!!!


Performance of the LDS Spice Girls

Mommy School Reward!  They filled up their letter As (this is a old picture) and these girls wanted to get frosties for their reward.  I am so proud of how hard they work in school to earn rewards.


This is Ashlyn's friend Kyle that was in our ward and class at school.  He recently moved to Utah. He would call Ashlyn Headband Girl!  Ha ha.  So cute!


This girl... She is so sneeky and gets into everything.  This time it was the floss and she sure had a hayday playing all around in the living room.  Oh I love this girl.


 Desi is trying all sorts of food...she loves chicken!


Martha (Dr. Bates wife- the family that we bought the dental practice from) brought us over some treats.  They are so thoughtful and these cookies are so cute and delicious!


I went on Ashlyn's field trip  where we went to Mary Poppins at the Middle School.  It was so much fun to be with Ashlyn's class and spend time with this girl.  I cherish these one on one time with her.  I love her and I'm so proud of who she is. 


Ashlyn shares her experience when she felt the Holy Ghost.  This was an amazing experience for her!  She is learning to recognize the Holy Ghost and sees the power of prayer.  What a great example!


No comments:

Post a Comment